Tuesday, September 18, 2012

One last smile......

Short little sidebar.........

A while ago I mentioned another patient who challenged himself and succeeded, rescuing my keys from the floor where I dropped them... Since this encounter we have occasionally chatted when we were able and I checked on how much he had eaten of his meals, our little inside joke.. A couple days ago mom heard he was heading home soon... Today when I arrived at the hospital I was lucky enough to get a chance to say goodbye and tell his wife the story of the key rescue....  Tears came to her eyes as I recounted his determination to reach down and them up.... That his gentleman spirit is still alive and well, even if he has trouble saying the words...... She thanked me for sharing this with her, and said she wished we could have met sooner..... She was touched that I took the time to talk with her, and we wished each other the best of luck.....

No comments:

Post a Comment