Sunday, September 9, 2012

It's our turn.....

For most of our lives, Karlene and I heard..... "one day you will be taking care of us" well Kar, it's  our turn. I'm not saying forever and for good, but for now. I mention this because sitting with dad yesterday, I felt him become overwhelmed with emotion.. I asked him what was bothering him, was he concerned, upset, scared?  As the provider for our family for over 40 years, his response was... he was very worried about us....

The thing is, he (they) raised us to be smart, strong women with a good head on our shoulders. Not to say that we always made the best decisions all the time (no fun in that),  but I think we have turned out pretty darn good.... 

So we talked about it.... Karlene is in charge of our financial health (thankfully she got dads knack for numbers) and I, well I'm in charge of our emotional health (not a shock to most reading this I am sure)... And we are not alone, we have family and friends willing and able to help us get through this difficult time in our lives.. We got this dad...

His focus, his concern at this very moment it to get healthy and back on his feet! There is much more to learn, he has much more to teach...

1 comment: