I came home yesterday which was a bittersweet day. It was hard for me to leave my Dad but I also knew that he would want me to come home to take care of my kids. When Mom told him that I was leaving to come home to Logan and Kaileigh he did a thumbs up. Later in the day when I was still at the hospital he asked me when my flight was so I was glad to see that he remembered that my mom told him that i was leaving and he knew that I had to fly home. (I did get a bit lucky that my flight got delayed 2 hours so I was able to stay a bit longer). Then as I had to say goodbye he pointed to his heart and then to me. I know that he loves me but that was a very special moment that I will never forget.
I know that he is in great hands and the hospital and with my mom and sister but it is still hard to leave him and not be able to see him everyday. Now it is up to my sister and mom to keep me updated!! It has been hard day away from him but I am happy to hear all the progress that he has made today!
No comments:
Post a Comment