Well the time finally arrived, dad said good bye to San Francisco...... He in a medical transport van, with mom and I following behind in my car made the long 400 or so mile journey to his new place of residence in Laguna Woods...
Surprisingly the easiest and smoothest trip down half the state I think I've ever had!! The two EMT's that accompanied dad were "nice young men" who were not at all thrown by the length of the journey. In fact one had just done a similar drive just a few weeks back for another patient from San Francisco to Santa Ana... Dad took the experience in stride, chatting with the EMT's and listening to his book on tape to pass the time... We made several stops along the way to stretch legs (sorry dad) and fuel up, us with In-N-Out and the vehicles with gas.... Making the complete journey in about 8 and a half hours!!!! Shocking but true...
Dad is all settled into his new residence and resting relatively comfortably, mom is home with her chatty kitties, and I am taking the week off.... Spending time with the family and one last week with dad before I drive back up to San Francisco and a new chapter of dad's recovery begins...
I happy to hear that things went so well. I thought about all of you all day despite a very busy day at work.
ReplyDelete